This Ol' Girl - An Antique Makeover of a Cabinet


What brings you joy?  


For me, I feel joy when I can take something that is "hanging by a thread,
then add color, pattern and a little bit of sparkle to give it a second life!



For example:  Take this cabinet.  
Really, take this cabinet!  LOL.  





She must have been through so many experiences.  







She's a little worn out and lost her morning pep... kind of like the way I feel some days. 🤔








She needed a girls day, for sure! 
Wait, am I still talking about the cabinet? 😉















Let the primping begin!
I needed to spark some joy into this cabinet.

All her old jewelry was removed and a nice exfoliation began.  Major blemishes were smoothed and patched.  Everything else remained.  

Will all of the scars be removed?  Nope.  Scars represent the lessons that life has taught us, and those lessons become character.  So, I left a few for character.

A nice light gray coat was applied:












Then there were hours of blending colors:  
I almost threw in the towel getting it the way I wanted.
Hmm... I think I need more brushes and tools!

Added patterns:


  

Added flounce:
I like the floral touches, but what else?    

Added sparkly accessories:
I found these beautiful glass and pewter knobs.  

Lastly, her rough around the edge-ness called for a little gold.  


Makeover Complete!
Now, she's all ready for the town... Rancocas, that is.

Thank you for photo by Jesse Bowser

Follow me on Facebook:



Available for sale in the Rancocas Woods Co-Op:

   Image may contain: tree, sky, plant and outdoor

Interested in a nice afternoon get-away with fresh air and few crowds?  Visit the Rancocas Woods Co-Op Facebook Page for more information about this adorable shop!   Weekend events make this place even more fun to visit.


For more information about the the Rancocas Woods Co-Op, read the Trip Advisor Reviews that make this a top spot to stop when visiting the Mount Laurel, NJ and Philadelphia, PA area (near Burlington, NJ).   Yelp Reviews call this a "real-life Etsy."  

Thanks for stopping by here.  Hope to see you there!




And the quote for the day:






Comments