Adding Some Fun to the Kitchen



Not too long ago, my brother's family moved from a 30 minute drive, to an 8 hour drive.  Being completely bummed, knowing that I will not be able to see him nor the family for a long time, I begrudgingly helped them pack.  

When he could not fit these two chairs in his moving arrangement, how could I say "no" when he offered them to me.  True, they had seen some great parties and fun days together, but they, like me, needed a pick-me-up.

I thought about painting the metal, but I already had fixtures of this darker tone and I could see the backs of the chairs matching, so I decided to keep that part the same there.  However, I knew the seat needed something that says, "I'm fun!"

I found this fun, scribble pattern that just brought these chairs to life - don't you think?  I loved the way the seat came out, that I went on to make cushions for the rest of the chairs in the kitchen (don't want the other chairs getting jealous, right?!)


A little upholstery update changed these two chairs from "OK"... to "now we are talking!" 


If you want to see how I updated a small stool, look here.

Comments