Holiday Pine Tree with Florals, Buffalo Check, Burlap and Sparkle



I'm starting to get that feeling again.  Time to decorate everything!




I purchased a beautifully shaped piece of wood and began painting a linen-looking background.




Then I added some dark pine trees... and what's that?  Is that snow?  Yep!




I added some shadowy trees on another hill in the background.  Just enough to make this a quiet peaceful scene.



Since I am not used to painting (or sewing or decorating) without color, I had to add the beautiful little red florals in between a buffalo check and burlap ribbon.





I wanted more rustic-ness, so I added the trim around the edges of the wood.




Yes, and I had to add some sparkle...


... and shimmer (gold and blue metallic shimmery wax!)



And, there you have it... pine on pine... a peaceful scene with color, sparkle and shimmer.  





This painted and sealed piece is available at Perennial Home in Hightstown, NJ.  



 

Comments