Time for Sweets - A Productive Susan Tray

I painted this Lazy Susan...ahem...Productive Susan (the title coined by my observant nephew), in honor of dessert.  I used my background in French language to paint the name of a pastry shop in the Alps of South East of France.*  😜  

Well, not exactly.

I confess.  I did use a stencil, then painted over the letters.  I think it dresses up even the simplest of simple treat dishes.  I was going for the shabby French market look.



I also painted subtle layers of flowers in the background and added gold shimmer on the edge.  


I found these cute french-provincial-ish set of handles to help with the lifting or spinning... 'cause really, who doesn't like to spin furniture (even if there is a cake plate on it)?!

*Translations

  • Patisserie: Pastry or Bakery
  • Pays de Forcalquier Provence:  Area in Southeast of France
  • Le Petit Gateau:  The small/petite cake




When you need dessert, you need dessert.  

Tonight, I have decided, is such a night.  I'm breaking out the ice cream.

Celebrate tradition.
Celebrate a new day.
Celebrate hope and joy.


Find something to celebrate today.
💖
Luci





Follow me on Facebook:





If you are interested in this piece, or a custom order, please feel free to contact me.  I added this piece for sale at Perennial Home in Hightstown, NJ.

Perennial Home is Hightstown’s best kept secret for unique and beautiful home furnishings, gifts and accessories. Find a great selection of holiday items, gift certificates and great gifts for the hard to please.

 

Comments