Metal Sleigh Gets a Makeover



Everything feels a little old sooner or later.  Old things challenge me the opportunity to look with a fresh set of eyes and maybe inspire new life.

Here is a metal sleigh I picked up at a yard sale:


Why?!  (That's me asking myself.)

I don't know.  It was so sad looking... but the potential for it to have a new life... a new purpose... a new goal was definitely there.

I forgot to take a proper group of before pictures of this sad looking metal sleigh before I started.  I just have this one of the dirty inside before it was completely cleaned out.  (Yes, can you imagine it looking even dirtier?!)  


It had a pair of chipped up sleigh legs (is that a name?), and a sad cream and brown (painted?) stain on the outside.  Not the prettiest sleigh at the North Pole parties.


Off to work:
1.  Serious cleaning.
2.  Paint.
3.  Accent with silver.
4.  Varnish and wax.
5.  Add my favorite gray and white buffalo check to the bed of the sleigh.

And here she is ready for some ornaments...


... or greenery? 

... pinecones?

... mail?




So, the next time you or your things are feeling a little old, maybe "jush" them up somehow.  Add a fresh coat of dreams!




Thanks for stopping by.
Luci


Comments